Gigmix Info Solutions Pvt ltd. streamlines and optimizes the process of connecting Applicants with income opportunities in the gig economy.
You may revoke your consent to this policy. To revoke your consent, please contact us at (Email ID to be added). If you revoke your consent, your account and profile information will be removed from our website.
This Policy applies to Gigmix’s mobile application, website , API, and any other online services offered by Gigmix, its affiliates, or subsidiaries (collectively, the “Services”). When we handle information about Applicants, we may collect information on behalf of both Customers (“Customer Records”) and Gigmix (“Gigmix Records”).
In this Policy, we refer to Gigmix Users, Applicants, and site visitors as “you” or “your.”
“Applicants” means individuals who utilize Gigmix Services to apply for jobs.
“Customers” means Gigmix’s customers who use the Gigmix Services to recruit and hire workforce members, including employees and contractors.
Information Gigmix Collects and Retains
We collect information about you when you use our sites and applications. We collect, store, process and disclose personal information belonging to Applicants who create an account or apply for employment with or are employed by our Customers, site visitors, and Customers.
You may choose to provide personal information to Gigmix in order to create an account, apply for a job, post a position, or otherwise interact with the Services. The personal information you will be asked to provide depends on your interaction with the Services, as explained below.
No site visitor is required to submit personal information on Gigmix, and no Applicant is required to start or finish an application for employment. Please do not submit any information through the Gigmix that you do not want either Gigmix or the applicable Customer to see. The Personal Information that we collect, and how we collect it, depends upon how you interact with us. We collect information about you when you use our sites and applications. We receive and store this information when you enter it on our platforms, send it to us, or provide it to us in any other way.
Account and Contact Information.
If you create an account we may collect information such as
- Your contact information like name, email address, password, country, city, contact number and company/organization that you are associated with
- Information that one would usually include in a resume, including name, contact details including e-mail address and mobile number, work experience, educational qualifications, data relating to your current and past remuneration or salary, a copy of your resume, etc. when you register on the Platform
Information you provide to us when you contact Gigmix
- Your race, ethnicity, or gender, if you choose to provide it. Some employers are required by law to collect this information on a voluntary basis;
- Information about your business, such as company name, size, and business type.
- when you use a device to access the Platform, we may collect technical or other related information from the device as well as the device location
- To the extent permitted by law, Gigmix info solution Pvt ltd. may record and monitor your communications with us to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and our internal policies. This may include the recording of conversations;
- We may collect from you personal information about others. For instance, if you choose to use our service to share site content with a friend, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. We temporarily store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
- In the event you choose to apply for a particular position, we will display the information fields the Customer has requested be collected from Applicants. Such information could include your name, photo, contact information, ID details such as driver’s license number, passport number, residence and/or business address, and other information typically found on a job application, such as your job history, education level, age, specialized skill set, and other information requested by the applicable Customer. This may also include documents you need to submit that reflect your identity or other information about you, such as your ID proofs which include passport, Driving license etc. While Applicants are in no way required to supply this information to us, please be advised that the applicable Customer may choose to ignore applications for positions that do not contain the requested information.
You can correct or remove this information by accessing your account settings
Automatic Information gathering and cookies
We may collect log file information about your browser or mobile device each time you access Gigmix, including information such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, including unique device identifier, referring/exit URLs, time you visit the Services, and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We maintain logs of when and how you complete important steps in the application process or take certain actions using the Services, such as sending a message, completing application steps, or uploading a resume. This data is collected about you automatically and is processed for Gigmix’s legitimate interest. We combine this information with personal data to help detect and prevent fraud. We also combine this data with your profile and resume data to return the best job search results to you.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Security: These cookies allow us to secure access to your account.
- Preference: These cookies are used to store your preferences like language choice and display of job search results.
- Analytics: We track traffic patterns so we can identify popular content and potential problems.
- Advertising: We use non-identifiable information about you to show you advertising on Gigmix and third party sites.
Gigmix also uses “Flash cookies”, also known as “Local Shared Objects”, to preserve video player settings and for security purposes.
We use “persistent” cookies primarily to ensure that we do not show you pages that you have already seen and to personalize your site experience and save you time. “Persistent” Cookies enable us to recognize whether you have responded If you are a recruiter and have an arrangement in place with Gigmix we also use “persistent” cookies to recall your status when you access our site. The “persistent” cookies we use will remain on your computer after you have left our site & some cookies will remain persistent for some particular duration of time. We also allow persistent third party cookies as part of online advertising campaigns to determine and track site traffic landing from Gigmix’s advertising banners that have been placed on the websites of third parties. The data collected via these cookies is anonymous and the information is not linked to your personally identifiable information without your permission. The “persistent” cookies placed by our third party ad servers will remain on your computer for some days after you have left our site unless you choose to delete them”
Information Use, Sharing and Disclosure
We restrict access to your Personal Information to employees who we believe reasonably need to know/or that information to fulfil their jobs to provide, operate, develop, or improve our products or services.
We may use metadata or the data collected through cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear GIF information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Services; (d) understand how you use the Services (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Services, and other actions you take on the Service); (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Services; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Services
We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third-party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Services. These tools may track your inputs of personal information into web forms that form a part of the services.
Sometimes, we (or our service providers) may use the information we collect—for instance, log-in credentials, IP addresses, hashed email addresses, and unique mobile device identifiers—to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones, tablets, video game devices or consoles, or computers), or work with providers that do this, in order to offer the Services, better tailor content, features, and advertising, and provide you with a seamless experience across the devices you use to access the Services.
We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, ZIP code), and, with your permission in accordance with your device settings, precise geolocation information from GPS-based functionality on your devices, and may use that information to customize the Services with location-based information, advertising, and features. For example, if your IP address indicates an origin in Kerala, the Services may recommend positions near or around Kerala. In order to do this, your location information may be shared with our agents, vendors or advertisers.
We provide you with a platform to broadcast information about yourself to maximize your career opportunities. The information we gather may be shared with the following categories of third parties:
- Employers, when you make your resume searchable or apply to a job;
- Other companies hired to provide services on Gigmix’s behalf;
- Other third parties where required by law;
- Other third parties when you give your consent to such sharing such as for Gigmix Career services;
By applying to a job, providing your contact information to show interest in a job, or by replying to a message from an employer, you consent to the disclosure of your information to that employer and to be contacted by such employer for employment related purposes.
We may also use the information we gather to inform you of other products or services available from us or our affiliated companies or to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered and we may use your contact information in order to send you e-mail or other communications regarding updates at the Site to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered and may also provide additional communications, promotions and information on new Gigmix opportunities, and additional job postings which may be of interest to you. The nature and frequency of these messages will vary depending upon the information we have about you.
We also share information in the following ways
- We share your information to employers who have posted job opportunities that may be of interest to you on the Web Site when you apply for those jobs.
- We share your information with our service providers, which are third parties who help us in the delivery of our products and services to you. Examples include hosting our web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These service providers will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not use that data for any other purpose. We will remain responsible for any information shared in this way.
- We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith after considering your privacy interests and other factors that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public. We may disclose and transfer such information to a third party who acquires any or all of Gigmix’s business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event Gigmix becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, Gigmix or its liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the Site.
We attempt to limit access to our searchable resume database to legitimate users such as paying employers, recruiters, hiring managers, headhunters and human resource professionals, as well as law enforcement and national security agencies, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database. We cannot control the use made of resumes by third parties who access such resumes while they are in our searchable database. You may remove your resume from our searchable database at any time; details of how to do this are given below. However, employers, recruiters and others who have paid for access to that database, as well as parties who have otherwise gained access to the database may have retained a copy of your resume in their own files or databases. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that parties other than those mentioned above will not, without our consent, gain access to this database. However Gigmix is not responsible for the retention, use, or privacy of resumes by any third parties. We cannot control the retention, use or privacy of resumes or profiles that have been downloaded by third parties. Accordingly, you should not put sensitive information, personality profiles, or other information you would not want made public, in your resume.
If you use our facilities to build a resume or to post a resume in our database, then you will be providing us with personal data we will use in accordance with this Statement. Your resume must not contain sensitive data relating to your (i) racial or ethnic origin (ii) political beliefs (iii) philosophical or religious beliefs (iv) membership of a trade union or political party (v) physical or mental health or genetic makeup (vi) addictions, sexual life (vii) the commission of criminal offences or proceedings and associated penalties or fines, or (viii) any Social Security Number or national identification number, if you set your resume as private unless you have previously sent to us your written consent that we may process your sensitive personal data, if Gigmix determines this to be a requirement of applicable law. If your resume does contain such data and you set your resume as public, then you agree that we may retain this information and use it in accordance with this Statement. We cannot control third parties’ access to such information from our searchable database.
Please remember that if you post any of your personal information in public areas of Gigmix, such as in online forums, public profiles, chat rooms, or in the searchable resume database, such information may be collected and used by others.
We wish to ensure your personal information is complete, accurate and up to date. Gigmix allows you to change or correct your personal information at any time. To do so, simply log into your My Gigmix account, and you will find options for editing the information you have submitted.
Because managing your career is a life-long process, we retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make repeat use of our sites more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal information as described below. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You can delete your resume from Gigmix’s online database, close your account at any time in which event we will remove all our copies of your resume and your account information from the Web Site.